- Your Council
- Discover Kidwelly
- Kidwelly Life
- Directory of Kidwelly
- Things To Do
- News & Events
- Contact Us
• A range of new measures came into force in Caerphilly County at 18:00 yesterday, in a bid to reduce the number of new coronavirus infections.
People are not be allowed to enter or leave the Caerphilly County Borough Council area without a reasonable excuse.
Everyone over 11 is required to wear face coverings in indoor premises open to the public, such as shops (in addition to on public transport). There are some limited exemptions for people with disabilities and medical conditions – these are the same as for public transport.
People are only able to meet outdoors – people are not able to meet other people from other households indoors for the time being. People are also not able to form an extended household with another household.
Welsh Government guidance and frequently asked questions.
Welsh Government press release (Monday 7th Sept).
Watch yesterday’s press briefing with the Health Minister here and watch the Health Minister outline the Caerphilly lockdown rules in a video for the BBC here.
• The Health Minister yesterday announced £1.3m to support a package of mental health services for all in Wales- Welsh Government press release.
• The latest summary of COVID-19 advice provided to Welsh Ministers was published yesterday.
Technical Advisory Cell summary of advice 4 September 2020.
• The Health Minister has today published a statement about the Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) (Wales) Amendments, which includes an update on changes to the list of countries and territories exempt from health measures at the border.
The Health Minister has decided to remove the Greek islands of Santorini, Serifos and Tinos from the list of exempt countries and territories. These changes came into force at 04:00 this morning.
Welsh Government guidance on travellers exempt from Welsh border rules: coronavirus (COVID-19).
• Coronavirus information for Councils is available here on the WLGA website
• Public Health Wales publishes an interactive daily dashboard of data about coronavirus cases across Wales, broken down by health board and local authority area
• Public Health Wales also provides a daily update focusing on key public health information and updates
• Information about coronavirus is available here on the Welsh Government’s website
• All the legislation passed in Wales inrelation to the coronavirus pandemic is available here
• UK Government coronavirus information for individuals and businesses in Wales is available here