- Your Council
- Discover Kidwelly
- Kidwelly Life
- Directory of Kidwelly
- Things To Do
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Coronavirus Measures in Wales
• The new Coronavirus Control Plan- Alert Levels in Wales was published by the Welsh Government yesterday. It sets out four alert levels and the measures which will be taken to control the risk.
Wales is currently at alert level three – the risk is very high.
The plan is available here.
Written statement here.
Businesses, Jobs and Economy
• The Minister for Economy, Transport and North Wales has commented on today’s Labour Market Statistics- Welsh Government press release.
• Business rates in Wales will not be subject to an inflationary increase in 2021-22 Finance Minister Rebecca Evans has confirmed today- Welsh Government press release and cabinet statement.
• ‘To support firms through these challenging times’, the Economy Minister has today announced a new Export Action Plan which will put in place ‘wide-ranging support for Welsh exporters to recover and rebuild.’
• A pilot for the roll-out of the COVID-19 Pfizer / BioNtech vaccine to Welsh care homes is to begin tomorrow [Wednesday 16th], the Health Minister announced yesterday.
Welsh Government press release and written statement.
Watch yesterday’s Welsh Government press briefing with the Health and Social Services Minister here.
Health and Social Care
• The Minister for Health and Social Services has today published a written statement: Discharge arrangements and duration of Covid outbreaks in social care.
• The First Minister and Welsh Government cabinet have called on the people of Wales to back the fourth Great Winter Get Together campaign, to tackle loneliness and isolation, as it kicks off this week- Welsh Government press release.
• Written Statement from the Minister for Health & Social Services: NHS Wales Annual Planning Framework 2021-22 (published yesterday).
Education, Children and Young People
• The Welsh Government yesterday announced plans to roll out serial testing in schools and colleges from January- Welsh Government press release.
Where to find the latest information
• Coronavirus information for Councils is available here on the WLGA website
• The WLGA is collating good council practice during the coronavirus pandemic- here
• Public Health Wales publishes an interactive daily dashboard of data about coronavirus cases across Wales, broken down by health board and local authority area
• Public Health Wales also provides a daily update focusing on key public health information and updates
• Information about coronavirus is available here on the Welsh Government’s website
• All the legislation passed in Wales inrelation to the coronavirus pandemic is available here
• UK Government coronavirus information for individuals and businesses in Wales is available here