- Your Council
- Discover Kidwelly
- Kidwelly Life
- Directory of Kidwelly
- Things To Do
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Criminals use Welsh to try and scam you as well...
• People think that criminals only use English to try to scam people.
• Dyfed Powys Police have had reports of emails in Welsh as well as phone
calls in Welsh from criminals trying to scam them out of money or get them
to pay for services.
• Always remember:
• The police, or your bank, will never ask you to withdraw money or transfer it to a different account.
• The police, or your bank, will never ask you to reveal your full banking
password or PIN.
• Do not click on links or attachments in unexpected or suspicious texts or emails.
• If you get a pop-up on your computer stating you need to contact Microsoft –
turn the machine off, wait a few minutes and then turn it on again, that will normally stop the pop-ups.
• Report suspicious emails to: email@example.com
• You can also report suspicious texts by forwarding the original message to 7726 (which spells SPAM on your keypad).